Must be a dream or something. I couln’t believe this when I heard Lana Del Rey was working with A$AP Rocky on The KickDrums new Follow The Leaders. I think this is something new for Lana Del Rey. She’s venturing into new territory, working with more artists. And this song is much more laid-back than the usual stuff that you would expect from her.
Please note that this is not the official version of this track. Rocky has already tweeted saying that this isn’t perfected and it was released without permission.
A$AP Rocky & Hit-Boy In Studio Mixing “Goldie”. The first official single from A$AP Rocky featuring production by Hit-Boy. A$AP Rocky’s solo debut album LongLiveA$AP will be dropping this July 2012.
We caught up with A$AP Rocky, currently one of hip-hop’s biggest & brightest names as well as one of the busiest during his recent London promo trip. Fresh from his debut London show A$AP sat down with us to discuss:
- His Debut album & new track ‘Pain’
- Working with fashion designer Alexander Wang for his next video
- Advice he has received from Kanye West & Drake
- The possibility of working with fellow Harlem artists Teyana Taylor and Azealia Banks
- His thoughts on Azealia Banks being angry with Iggy Azalea for using the term “slave-master” in her track ‘D.R.U.G.S’.
Rocky comes out and spits fire on these two instrumentals. I think I have heard him spit on the same instrumental on “I Really Mean It”. It was just a different verse from the “CEO freestyle”. A$AP can freestyle straight for days.
araabMUZIK has produced a cluster of plucking strings sparks this track and continues to repeat throughout the track. Swizz Beatz goes in with a mediocre verse; it sounds pretty much like every other hip-hop artist with the average flow. Harlemite A$AP Rocky puts this beat to the grave though, delivering lines to the gold standard.
We met up with A$AP Rocky and talked fashion and sneakers. He also gave us a breakdown of his outfit.
When it comes to fashion, Rocky is a real connoisseur when it comes to high end brands. Maison Martin Margiela, Y-3, T by Alexander Wang, Raf Simons, Rick Owens…get on that pretty flacko swag.
Early morning, there is a quick meet and greet with A$AP Rocky and his mob. Late in the afternoon, they go in on Hot 107.9 with DJ Drama and both Rocky and Ferg perform a quick freestyle. Next up they ride up to Shade 45 with DJ Green Lantern. Instead of flowing a cappella, both rappers murk the Bone-Thugz-N-Harmony instrumental, “East 1999″. To some things up, the clique performs at Showtime Masquerade located in Atlanta.
In this interview with Montreality, A$AP Rocky & the A$AP Mob speak about:
- Their story (0:21)
- The type of students they were at school (0:44)
- Jobs they had as teenagers (0:59)
- What they spent their 1st big paychecks on (1:09)
- The key to success (1:35)
- The A$AP Mob compilation album & A$AP Rocky’s debut album (2:14)
- Going on the Club Paradise tour with Drake & Kendrick Lamar (2:35)
- What they would call their book if they were to write one (2:50)
- Memorable tour stories (3:19)
- Artists they would like to work with (3:59)
- Their tattoos (4:39)
- Rumours of A$AP Rocky being in Nas’ Nasty video (4:54)
- What they have in their pockets (5:28)
Sorry we were a few days late on this footage. After watching so many A$AP Rocky interviews, I gotta say that this guy has a real sense of humor. He’s gotta be one of the realist rappers out in the present rap game.
A$AP goes on 106 rocking a raccoon fur leather sleeve jacket ($7,597) from the Balmain Fall/Winter 2011 Collection layered over a Givenchy Rottweiler print button down shirt ($945), black jeans, and boots. I really fucking love how he’s on 106; big ups to the whole A$AP movement.
Δ$ Δ P